Thursday, February 12, 2009

Astra VXR Nurburgring Motor Feature




Just received the tearsheats for this issue of Motor Magazine with the small feature I did on the HSV Astra Nurburgring edition, came out pretty good I think. I find it hilarious that a couple of the images used are taken with a $300 point a shoot camera but.



My goal for this shoot was to follow the brief, but to keep a clean and consistent style that is associated with the images in Motor, I wanted to prove my style isn't all grungy dark flash lit shots, but rather something a bit more commercial and appealing to the masses.


Not everything went to plan for this shoot, as I mentioned previously My camera decided enough was enough and fell off the tripod ripping the thread out of the camera in the process, luckily I caught it just before it hit the ground. Kevin came to save the day with a loaner 5D and I was back in business.


I really enjoyed this shoot, it was challenging to meet the brief given to me. I had never worked to a strict set of guidelines before so it was nice to not have to think of every little thing to cover.


Here you can see a pair of my Boardshorts been used as a makeshift rag to clean the exhaust, unfortunately press cars don't always arrive 100% perfect, this car was filthy!



Setting up the rig for the rear shots, I'll be adding another 2 metres to it soon for some Ultra distance shots.



A huge thanks to Kevin for the loan of the 5D and Simon for assisting me.

7 comments:

www.kevin-yiu.com said...

Those shots looks great on the page! I love the car park shot!!

Congrats.

Link me up! :)

Steven Le said...

Hey Chris,

the shots came out amazing! just a quick question on the rig shots, where did you purchase the suction cups from.

Cheers
Steven

Kevin Brown said...

Well done Chris, the shots look stunning!

Anonymous said...

Chris, i saw these in the new copy of Motor, they look great
great work

Scotts Photography and things said...

I love the cover shot, was it taken in a tunnel or something?

Soft Tabs Online said...

I don’t know If I said it already but …I’m so glad I found this site…Keep up the good work I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say great blog. Thanks!

Liz said...

To start with I would like to congratulate the cradores of this blog, mainly because when I read it I enjoyed it very much. A few years ago I attended a conference called guanacaste costa rica real estate, at that conference had many interesting topics. Perhaps readers may find no relationship between the blog and this conference, but if someday can attend, would realize that there is much to do with this blog.