Sunday, November 9, 2008

Australian Supercross Championship

Besides Photography, Dirtbikes are a massive part of my life, I ride a bike (badly) and it's a great way to escape the hassles of daily life. So when the Supercross was in town I slapped down a bunch of cash for "platinum" tickets and was in for a night I won't forget in a hurry.

Put together by World Supercross champion Chad Reed, The Australian Supercross championship has been a massive success, well promotoed and with International riders and decent prize money it's a well needed boost for the Australian Off Road Scene.

Watching Chad Reed ride in person was worth the admission alone, he is the definition of "smooth" almost looking slow he is that perfect. But when put against other riders, Reed is another level completely. Totally dominating the event, there is no question that he is both the worlds best, and obviously pisses on the Aussies. Notible performances by Dan Reardon and Jake Moss in the Pro Lites class with very fast laptimes.

I took the Little G9 camera with me for some crowd perspective snaps, shooting the
Supercross from the Media spots is something I'll be looking into for next year definately.

Nutter Freestyler


Loving the Rim Tape


Motocross Legend and Suzuki Team Manager Roger DeCoster



Ohlins Forks worth more than your car!


Carnage!


Pit Lane


No Expense spared! Pyrotechnics


Scared the crap out of me


The amazing sunset

No comments: